The Human Resources department is responsible for maintaining a functioning qualified workforce. The goal of the Human Resources department is to train, promote and motivate city staff as a unit so they may better suit the needs of the public. The human resources department answers questions and tries to maintain an informed workforce. The department is devoted to serving the city’s needs so they may better serve the public and its demands.
Some of the Human Resources functions are as follows:
- Training and development services
- Maintaining a functioning workforce
- Collective bargaining functions
- Some support services
- Recruitment and selection
- Managing and implementation strategies for staff
- Implementing change in policies
We are hiring! Check out career opportunities with the City of Iqaluit.
Krista Thompson - Manager of Health, Safety & Risk Management
phone: (867) 979-5681
fax: (867) 979-5210