01-1081 COMMUNICATIONS & CUSTOMER SERVICES MANAGER
Title: Communications & Customer Services Manager
Reference #: 01-1081
Status: Full-time permanent
Salary: $99,582.85 per annum, 35 hour/week
Settlement Allowance: $22,378.25, per annum
Union Status: Excluded
Closing Date: Open until filled
This employment opportunity is open to all applicants.
The Communications and Customer Service Manager is a key member of the City’s management team and reports to the Chief Administrative Officer. The Manager leads and oversees the Communications and Customers Service Division within the Administration Department. The Manager will promote the vision and mission of City Council. The Manager supports the work of city management in the presentation and delivery of information to residents, businesses and visitors using a variety of media and platforms. The Communications and Customer Service Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of strategies for internal and external communications and customer service. The Manager develops communication plans for capital projects, programs and special assignments. The Manager participates in the development of emergency management communications.
The Communications and Customer Service Manager monitors customer interactions, identifies opportunities, and provides recommendations to enhance residents’ experiences with city services. The Manager also develop policies and procedures to provide guidance in day-to-day decision-making. The Manager identifes training needs and coordinates customer service and communications training for staff.
The Manager is required to manage and implement projects involving various departments, as well as mange consultants for communications and customer service projects. The Manager supports the organization in its delivery of information in Nunavut’s official languages.
- Completion of a Bachelor/Masters degreeorcollege diploma in Communications, public relations, marketing, journalism or related field
- A minimum of 3+ years of progressive work experience in related communications positions that include the handling of corporate communications, original writing, editing and public relations.
- A minimum of 2+ years experience preparing press releases, speeches, backgrounders, speaking points, briefing packages and other material
- A Minimum of 3 years experience supervising staff
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to multitask in a demanding environment.
- Demonstrated experience in communicating complex and nuanced information using a variety of channels.
- Understanding of communication practices and techniques for managing public perceptions, involvement and media relations.
- Must have excellent computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office, desktop publishing and social media applications.
- Must possess strong organizational and management skills
- A valid driver’s license
- Assets include the ability to speak and write in both English and Inuktitut,
- An understanding of the local culture and experience living and working in a Northern community is an asset
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization, and strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
Equivalencies that include a combination of education and experience may be considered.
All relevant certifications are required at time of application. The successful candidate would be required to submit a Criminal Record Check, as well as an acceptable Driver’s Abstract.
The City of Iqaluit embraces the intent and spirit of the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit; Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive consideration under this agreement
Only those selected to interview will be contacted
Please email your resume and credentials quoting Reference # to: email@example.com
Human Resources, City of Iqaluit www.iqaluit.ca
PO Box 460 Phone: 867.975.8506
Iqaluit, Nunavut X0A 0H0 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org