09-1091 BUILDING MAINTAINER
The City of Iqaluit is looking for an experienced Building Maintainer to join our growing team!
Title: Building Maintainer
Department: Public Works
Reference #: 09-1091
Status: Full-time permanent
Salary Range: $48,945.14 – 59,454.94 per annum
Allowance: $20,907.43 per annum
Union Status: Unionized
Closing Date: Open until filled
This employment opportunity is open to all applicants.
Reporting to the Director of Public Works and Engineering, this position is responsible for the general upkeep, maintenance, minor repairs and construction of all City buildings, facilities and related equiptment.
In this role, you would find yourself building and maintaining stairs, shelving, flooring, cupboards, tables, chairs, tackboards and other structural woodwork. As well as, painting and decorating both interior and exterior surfaces, and minor construction work and duties of other trades where certification is not required and does not exceed own limitations.
These duties would be carried out at all City facilities including, but not limited to our arenas, City Hall, the Aquatic Centre, Youth Centre, Curling Rink, Garage, City Units, Fire Hall, Public Works buildings, etc.
We are looking for someone who has a keen interest in building maintenance with the following requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have some carpentry and other trade experience
- Experience with building maintenance and minor repairs
- Knowledge and experience with basic hand and power tools
- Competency in reading building specifications and blue prints
- Ability to safely operate and maintain tools and adhere to workplace safety
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Effective time management and multitasking skills
- Mathimathical and analytical skills
- First Aid and CPR
- Class 5 Licence with an acceptable Driver’s Abstract
The ability to speak and write in Inuktitut and or French is considered an asset. Equivalencies that include a combination of education and experience may be considered.
The successful candidate would be required to submit a Criminal Record Check, as well as, an acceptable Driver’s Abstract.
Please email your resume and credentials quoting Reference # to: email@example.com
Human Resources, City of Iqaluit www.iqaluit.ca
PO Box 460 Phone: 867.975.8506
Iqaluit, Nunavut X0A 0H0 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The City of Iqaluit embraces the intent and spirit of the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit; Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive consideration under this agreement
- Only those selected to interview will be contacted