10-1090 AQUATICS PROGRAM MANAGER
The City of Iqaluit is looking for an experienced individual to join the Iqaluit Aquatic Centre team as an Aquatics Program Manager!
Title: Aquatics Program Manager
Reference #: 10-1090
Status: Full-time permanent
Salary: $66,951.03 per annum
Various shifts including days, evenings, weekends, split shifts and holidays
Allowance: $22,378.25 per annum
Union Status: Excluded
Closing Date: Open until filled
This employment opportunity is open to all applicants.
Reporting to the Manager of Recreation Services, the Aquatics Program Manager is responsible for the leadership and overall operation of Aquatic programs and services. The Aquatics Program Manager implements recreational and instructional aquatic programs to meet the needs of guests. The Manager is responsible for the scheduling and training and development of a qualified and competent aquatics team to ensure they are safely delivering activities and programs. The Manager works alongside the Manager of Recreation Services, Pool Operators, Guest Services, the Fitness Centre and the Human Resources Department.
The Aquatics Program Manager ensures a safe environment for guests and staff in a cost efficient manner in compliance with regulations. They are involved with both short and long-term planning, financial planning/budgeting and supporting day-to-day operations in relation to maintaining the pools and supporting spaces.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a Degree or diploma in Recreation or directly related field
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience coordinating programs in a municipal setting
- Minimum 2 years’ as an instructor and lifeguard (NLS Level)
- Knowledge and experience of pool operations and systems
- Experience planning and implementing a variety of recreation and instructional programs; experience developing and managing budgets
- Strong leadership and people skills
- National Lifeguard Service Award
- Lifesaving Society Examiner – Bronze Levels
- National Lifeguard Instructor and Examiner
- Lifesaving Society Swim Instructor
- First Aid and CPR - C
Assets include, the ability to speak and write in Inuktitut and or French, northern experience and the following certifications: LSS Swim Instructor Trainer, Pool Operations Level 1, LSS Mentor, LSS Aquatic Supervisor Training, LSS Safety Inspector, Aquafit certification (Cala, waterART), NCCP Coaching Level 1, High Five, Quest Evaluator
Equivalencies that include a combination of education and experience may be considered.
Proof of credentials are required at time of application with an expectation to keep certifications continually valid. The successful candidate would be required to submit an acceptable Criminal and Vulnerable Sector Check, as well as, TB testing.
Please email your resume and credentials quoting Reference # to: email@example.com
Human Resources, City of Iqaluit www.iqaluit.ca
PO Box 460 Phone: 867.975.8506
Iqaluit, Nunavut X0A 0H0 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org