10-1094 FACILITIES WORKER - 1 YEAR TERM
The Department of Recreation has an opportunity for a 1 Year Term Facilities Worker
Title: Facilities Worker
Reference #: 10-1094
Status: Full-time Term – 1 Year
Salary: $53,023.93 per annum to start
Allowance: $20,907.43 per annum
Union Status: Unionized
Closing Date: September 12, 2019 11:59pm EST
This employment opportunity is open to City of Iqaluit employees only.
Reporting to the Facilities Coordinator, the incumbent must be able to work with minimal supervision and provide leadership to part-time employees. They will carry out a variety of duties associated with the operation of recreation facilities including ice installation and maintenance, building and equipment maintenance, snow removal, janitorial duties, playground inspections and maintenance and record keeping.
- Minimum Grade 10 Education
- Nunavut Class 5 Driver’s Licence
- A minimum of two (2) years work experience in recreational facilities, a trade, construction, labour or maintenance
- Experience and competence working with small hand and power tools
- Confidence in operating a Zamboni (training provided)
- CPR and First Aid or ability to obtain within six (6) months
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and with others
Equivalencies that include a combination of education and experience may be considered.
The successful candidate would be required to submit an acceptable Vulnerable Sector Check, as well as an acceptable Driver’s Abstract.
Please email your resume and credentials quoting Reference # to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resources, City of Iqaluit www.iqaluit.ca
PO Box 460 Phone: 867.975.8506
Iqaluit, Nunavut X0A 0H0 E-mail: email@example.com
- The City of Iqaluit embraces the intent and spirit of the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit; Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive consideration under this agreement
- Only those selected to interview will be contacted