JOAMIE COURT LOT DISPOSAL AND BALLOT DRAW
The City is advising residents that the 25 available lots in the new Joamie Court subdivision will be disposed of in the following manner:
- 19 lots will be disposed of by a ballot draw that will be held January 14, 2019, in Council Chambers, starting at 6 PM;
- 2 lots will be offered for affordable housing through a call for proposal (details to be provided at a later date);
- 3 lots will be offered by direct disposal to Nunavut Housing; and
- I lot will be provided to Habitat for Humanity, as per the approved conditions.
To be included in the ballot draw, residents must submit a completed application form, along with confirmation of payment of the $300 non-refundable application fee, and a notarized statutory declaration form regarding first time home ownership, to the Planning and Lands Department, located at building 2425, no later than 5 PM January 7th, 2019.
The following forms and information material, as well as a listing of available lots can be found on the City’s website, as well as at City Hall, and the Planning and Lands Department:
- Ballot box procedure
- Ballot draw package cover sheet
- City Land application
- Letter of Proxy
- Statutory Declaration
- R1 zoning provisions
- Available lots
For more information on the lot disposal process, please contact the Planning and Lands Department at 979.5661.