COVID-19 RECREATION RESPONSE
PLEASE SEE THE LATEST PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THE CITY OF IQALUIT FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT SPECIFIC FACILITIES AND PROGRAMS.
The City continues to monitor the situation and is working hard to bring alternative and updated programming when available.
The Aquatic Centre Hours of Operation are:
Monday to Friday: 6:30am to 10pm
Saturday: 9am to 9pm
Sunday: 10am to 8pm
The Department of Recreation has an online registration portal.
Click here to find out to register for swimming or fitness programming renew your passes or find out what's upcoming.
Fees and Program Information
Spring 2021 Pool Schedule
- Learn to Swim Lesson Descriptions (Inuktitut • English • French)
- Iqaluit Breakers Swim Team (Inuktitut • English • French)
Spring 2021 Fitness Centre Group Fitness Schedule
Spring 2021 Fitness Centre Solo Workout Schedule
Check out our online workout videos and follow along at home. Click here to view.
- For information on fees, click here (Pool only Inuktitut and English) or here (Fitness Inuktitut and English)
- For information on the Jimmy Kilabuk Children's Recreation Fund (Fee Assistance) for children and families, click here. For applications (Inuktitut and English) click on the links.
- Thinking about maybe becoming a passholder? Find the terms for the annual agreement here. (Note, monthly terms may differ slightly.) Contact Guest Services for more information.
- We are pleased to annouce our Corporate Wellness Program. Call us at Guest Services or email CorporateWellness@iqaluit.ca for more information.
Intersted in hosting a party or event at the Aquatic Centre?
To rent the Northwestel Multipurpose Room, please contact the Guest Services desk for information on rates and availability.
For more information, please contact our Guest Services Associates.
The Iqaluit Aquatic Centre boasts a 6 lane, 25 meter lap pool, a leisure pool with spray features, a lazy river and a waterslide; saunas, a hot tub and a full Fitness Centre. There is a large room available for rent for parties, meetings and training sessions that has deck access, a television and DVD player, 7 tables, 20 chairs, a microwave, sink, dishwasher and a fridge. Come and see it for yourself!
The Iqaluit Aquatic Centre is a scent-free facility. Please refrain from wearing or using scented soaps, sprays, perfumes and personal products.